Things you should know:
Due to predicted high levels of traffic, in which social distancing may be challenging, masks will be required to enter the Bookstore. Customers, including students, that refuse to wear a mask may be refused service and asked to leave.
Hello WCU students,
With the end of the Spring semester quickly approaching, please remember that your Rental textbooks should be returned before you leave campus. ALL SPRING SEMESTER RENTAL TEXTBOOKS MUST BE RETURNED BY 5PM FRIDAY, MAY 21st, 2021 TO AVOID PAYING A PENALTY.
COVID-19 operations require additional time for processing and your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.
Please bring your textbooks and your textbook rental check-out box, if available, to the Bookstore. The Bookstore will provide a socially distanced return method for a quick and easy return. If you are unable to return your textbooks in person, textbooks may be mailed to the Bookstore. Please include this FORM when returning books via mail.
Your Summer 2021 rental textbooks will be available for pickup when you return your Spring 2021 books.
If you cannot pick up your Summer 2021 rental textbooks in person, you may request shipping using this link:
You may access your Textbook Rental Account through MyWCU or at books.wcu.edu under Textbook Rentals. Textbooks returned after the due date will be credited to your student account at half the charged amount.
WCU Book Rental
Where do you get your textbooks?
The rental department is located inside the WCU Bookstore. If you are coming in the main entrance of campus, take the roundabout to the left. Continue on this road until the main road curves to the right at the top of the hill. The building on the right is the bookstore. Once inside the building, you will head to the right, back corner to get to book rental.
How to rent your books:
- Register for classes and get your Cat Card (which is your student ID). All students must have tuition paid and have a valid Cat Card to rent books (or know your 920# and have a picture ID). (Cat Cards are available on the second floor of Brown Hall)
- Come to the bookstore and get in the book rental line.
- You will need to give your Cat Card to an individual sitting at the computers. Someone will scan it, which prints out a card with your schedule & required rental textbooks on it.
- Take the card into book rental. A book runner will get all of your books for you. Find the correct line by looking up at the letters hanging from the ceiling; choose the one that has the first letter of your last name.
- You will need to read, date, and sign the rental agreement card. Examine all of your books and make sure any damages are documented, so you will not be charged for it when you return them. It’s that simple!
If your textbooks are lost or stolen, we can issue a replacement. You are still responsible for both copies and liable for the replacement costs.
Textbook(s) provided by the WCU Bookstore Rental Department are rental books and belong to us. Rental books must be returned no later than five working days after the last day of final exams each term. Unreturned books will be charged to your student account at replacement cost. Books returned after this five-day period will be credited to your student account at ½ the charged amount.
Grossly mistreated books must be purchased. This damage can include, but is not limited to: writing, highlighting, missing cover, missing pages, and water damage.
- You must bring your Cat Card to rent books OR know your 920# & have picture ID.
- You do not need your Cat Card to return your books.
- You can rent and return books all semester.
- If you drop a class you need to return your books as soon as possible.
- You must be enrolled in a class to pick up a book for that class.
Your Book Rental Account
See the books you have/had checked out of WCU Book Rental:Check your WCU Book Rental Account