Textbook Buyback Policy
Due to COVID-19, please check back at the end of the semester for updates. We may have to cancel the in-person buyback procedure for Fall. You can use the link at the bottom of this page to try and sell your books online.
WCU Bookstore Buyback is always the week of finals during Spring and Fall semesters.
Buyback for Programs at Biltmore Park usually occurs on the last Thursday of Spring and Fall semesters from 4:30-6:30 pm @ Biltmore Park Campus, 28 Schenck Parkway.
If the professor has decided to use the book the following semester, we will pay 50% of the new book price until we have reached our limit. Once we reach our limit or if the book is no longer being used, we will pay, if there is any value, a national wholesale price based on edition, and popularity of the book nationwide.
Items NOT included in buyback:
- Study Guides
- Lab Manuals
- Old Editions
- Complimentary Copies
- Customized Class Packets
- Books with Perforated Pages
Other factors that are important to the buyback value of your textbooks:
- The condition of the book, including CD's and DVD's.
- If yours is the current edition of the book that is still in use, and the publisher has not released a new edition of the book.
- The instructor has informed the bookstore that the book will be used in future semesters.
- The bookstore has a low number of unsold books from last semester.
OR Sell Your Books Anytime
Sell your used books anytime during the semester - and get free shipping!
Our bookstore has partnered with MBS Textbook Exchange, the nation's largest textbook wholesaler, to offer you the best prices for your used books.Go to MBS Textbook Exchange Online Buyback