Western Carolina University Bookstore is a central hub for student academic success by providing all the textbooks and class supplies you could need right on campus! But we’re more than just books, with WCU merchandise, gifts, snacks and more there’s something for everyone. As a proponent of academic endeavors on-campus, we play a critical role to our faculty and staff as well.
The WCU Bookstore earnings solely support student scholarships and throughout the years your support of the WCU Bookstore has proudly contributed to hundreds of thousands of dollars to the scholarship programs of Western Carolina University. You are helping put a student through school.
We are a part of the Division of Student Affairs. Our mission is to support the instructional mission of the University by supplying textbooks and instructional material, supplying student needs for incidentals, memorabilia, and reading matter. To conduct its operation in a cost-efficient manner that results in fair pricing while providing earnings to support student financial aid.
Explore our services below to find out how we can help you.
Textbook Rental Program
The WCU Bookstore includes the Book Rental Department for undergraduates at Western Carolina University. The Book Rental Department provides the main texts for undergraduate courses at a low rental price, and gives the students the option of purchasing textbooks if desired.
We also provide textbooks and course materials for WCU Programs at Biltmore Park, as well as textbooks and supplies for Educational Outreach courses and Continuing Education programs. Whether you’re learning in Cullowhee, Asheville or in one of our many continuing education programs, we’re here to support you.
The bookstore delivers balloons and gifts to dorms and offices on campus, any day of the week with the exceptions of Saturday and Sunday. Call (828) 227-7346 for more details.
- Trade Books
- Reference Books
- Biltmore House Tickets
As a service and convenience to Western Carolina University students, faculty and staff, the WCU Bookstore offers a check cashing service. The policy for cashing checks is as follows:
- You must have a current student, faculty or staff ID card.
- Checks written on a personal bank account will be cashed for up to $25.00 or the amount of purchase plus $25.00.
- A two-party check (written to the student, faculty or staff member) will be cashed for up to $25.00 or the amount of purchase plus $25.00.
- There will be a $25.00 service charge on all returned checks. A returned check and service charge must be paid with cash, money order or certified check.
The WCU Bookstore can process departmental purchases that have been authorized by the Purchasing Department and the WCU Controller's Office. See the WCU Purchasing Web Site for more details.
UPS Shipping Information
The WCU Bookstore will ship packages for you. Outgoing shipments must be properly packaged and ready to ship when delivered to the bookstore basement for processing. Packages must include a street address, as we do not ship to P.O. Boxes. To insure same-day shipping, packages must be dropped off before 3:00 PM.
Please download this shipping form, fill it out, and attch it to your package before delivering.
Other Availible Services
- Bachelor and Masters caps and gowns are available year-round!
- Graduation Announcements from CB Graduation Announcements
- Class Rings Available from Balfour (formerly Artcarved)
- Diploma frames from Framing Success and Church Hill Classics
- Phone Orders